Thursday, August 11, 2011

Too Cute For Words


I'm so happy with how this dress turned out! I think it took me about 1/2 hour to put together the right combination of prints versus solids. Sometimes it's hard work to be creative. But I have to say that it paid off.
I used Simplicity 2171, view A. Still need to finish the capris and I'm going to make a hat to go with. The skirt fabric, polka dot and stripe came from Hobby Lobby. The trim on the skirt is two ribbons layered (black grosgrain on a hot pink polka dot grosgrain). I made my own piping out of some gingham check. Haven't decided just how much I'm going to do on the capris. I'm sure it will be a work in progress like this dress was. I decided after I had everything cut out that the apron needed some piping on it as well. I had barely enough of the green from the bodice left to make piping. The check trim was from a piece in my bag of bias.


The pattern on the right is the one I used from the above dress. The jacket on the left is one I'm planning for the fair as well. The jacket is from Sew Beautiful issue 130 and using Simplicity 2876. I've already got Sewing With Wimsy from Kari Mecca for instruction on ricrac flowers. Speaking of Kari Mecca. Doesn't she make the most amazing things?!
Well, I'm off to go grocery shopping and then I can have another date with the sewing machine. I guess this week is going to be a sewing marathon for me. Sometimes, don't you just need to glut yourself on a favorite activity? Happy stitching everyone!

No comments: