Saturday, August 13, 2011

More Goodies For the Fair


"Journey" AS&E issue 94
Wouldn't you feel like a princess in this dress?


The pattern called for the ties to be out of the same fabric as the cumberbund. But I remember my daughter telling me when she was little that the knot hurt her back when we were sitting in church. So after that I tried to make smaller size ties. I still wanted to her to wear pretty dresses, but not at the expense of her feeling uncomfortable.


The embroidery in the mag. does not have beads, but I just had to put some on this. It was screaming at me to add beads. The smocking is different than the mag showed. I did do a little bit with the way the plate shows, but I just didn't like how it was turning out. And since this is for the fair, I just had to do something else. I think it looks like a lattice with roses growing on it.


Here's the capris/bloomers to go with the dress I posted a couple days go. I used the same Simplicity pattern as the dress. Although I couldn't leave well enough alone. I had to add in a extra ruffle.


And here's the hat I made. Isn't it the cutest?! Now all I need is a flower to add to it. The pattern for the hat is "Lucy's Cloche" from Olabelhe. Doesn't Dawn make the cutest things. I certainly think so. I bought the pattern through Fairytale Frocks and Lollipops as a ePattern. Some people may not like them because the number of pages, but I didn't mind as there are only 11 pages and just 2 of them are the pattern pieces. So now I'm headed over to Hobby Lobby to see what kind of flower I can find for this hat. Next I will be making the fleece jacket I posted a teaser pic a few days ago. Well, happy stitching everyone!

No comments: