Sunday, April 22, 2012

Little Bitty Baby Bishop


I used "Lullaby" AS&E issue 76 on poly cotton batiste.

You know, every time I make this bitty baby bishop (that's a mouthful); I can't get over how tiny of a dress it is. Just amazing! I only had to buy buttons. I'm thinking the next time buttons go half price at Hancock's, I'm going to stock up on a few cards of the ones I used for this bishop.
I have to ask; has anyone ever sewn one french seam to the outside and one to the inside? Well, you guessed it, that's what I did. Didn't realize it until I had the lace on the bottom almost done. Since that had to happen, I decided to stitch the same trim over both seams and call it good. And it just goes to show that you shouldn't be sewing when you are tired, because mistakes happen. Yep, I was sewing at midnight. So there's my funny for the week.
I hope the mommy-to-be likes this dress. Now I just need to make the bloomers and bonnet. But first, I'm going to sew up a dress and skirt for myself.
Happy stitching everyone!

2 comments:

harun said...

These type of dresses very well suit on baby girls,parents should buy comfortable,non allergic dresses for their lovely angels.
baby dresses

Kathy said...

I've done a french seam wrong-way out so often that I finally learned to check and double check before I stitch.
Lullaby is one of my favorite patterns. Your version is lovely.