Friday, September 30, 2011

Dress Finished!


I strapped myself to my sewing machine this morning and sewed like a dog to get the tester pattern done. It was fun be on the ground floor of a design. I wouldn't mind being involved with another one. But maybe I should wait awhile. The sewing season at Hancock's is in high gear. So we are busier now, it seems like back to school happens and then everyone is in a rush of costumes, Thanksgiving and Christmas all at once. But then again, smocking and sewing is a stress reliever if I ever saw one. The store manager is back at work about 80%. I'm so thankful she's able to be back at work. I don't think I was cut out to be a store manager. At least, not of a chain store. Maybe of my own store would be easier or would that be just another set of problems. Hmmm. . . .


You can see in this pic how lustrous the satin batiste is! I did a little embroidery on the cuff to tie it into the collar.


Here's what my version of the hem looks like. There was embroidery I could have put just above the top most tuck, but chose to put on lace instead. Check out Fine Stitchery for fabric and lace. And she will soon have pattern and/or kit for this dress.
Well, you may think I'm crazy, but I pleated up a dress front for another dress. This one is for my friend Leola. I'm using Gail Doane's book again. I love that book!
Happy smocking everyone!

No comments: