Monday, December 13, 2010

A Thank You From a Friend


A few posts ago I shared with everyone the dresses I made for a lady who comes into Hancock Fabrics where I work. As a thank you, she was very thoughtful and made me these padded hangers on her embroidery machine. She tried to insist that the dresses I smocked for her granddaughters were better than these beautiful hangers. And I insisted that the hangers were just as wonerful. I think we mock argued for a few minutes. I love, love, love these! I'd like to say "thank you" to a soul sister, Leola. You're great!



Here are some baby socks I smocked for my one of me classes I'm doing in February. I still need to add the lace and a bow. For anyone who wants a quick and easy gift idea, this is definitely it! I timed myself to see how long it would take to smock, only 1 1/2 hours. Not bad at all.



New Project. I found this print at a local quilt shop last week. Isn't it pretty? I love it. And like anyone who is creative (everyone reading this post is creative), I'm going to change a few things on the dress. I usually can't leave well enough alone. But that's the great thing about sewing, the sky's the limit or maybe it's the budget.
The smock plate is from Sew Beautiful, issue 133, entitled "Peppermint Sprinkles" by the very talented Janet Gilbert. Love to meet her someday. The dress pattern is "Pascale" from issue 114 of Sew Beautiful. I think the dress I'm making needs to have beads along the sleeves like I did for one of the dresses I entered into the fair last summer. I'm happy I can borrow a petal sleeve from AS&E. Now to go iron my dress fabric, get it pleated and start smocking.
All my best to you creative ladies out there in blogland. Happy smocking!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Those hangers are beautiful!!!! I would love to have some! The socks are such a great idea! I would never have thought of smocking on socks!! That fabric is really pretty. i'm anxious to see your finished dress.