Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Honor of Spring


Vogue 7435, fabric is M'Liss print from Hancock Fabrics


I saw a dress on Facebook a couple weeks ago and loved the smock plate and knew just the fabric to make this dress. My smocking is a little different from the the original I saw, but I had to make it. I realized after taking the pic and looking at the dress, I should have centered the skirt under the yoke a little better. I made it longer that what the pattern called for. What they said was way too short for my tastes. And that's the beauty of sewing, you can do whatever you want. Isn't that wonderful?!


And yes, I know some are knee deep in winter, but here in Boise, Idaho we are not having much of a winter. So I wanted to give a little spring inspiration to everyone. Flowers, my favorite.
On another note, I just had a customer tell me today she is involved with Dress For Success. It's a group in Boise who help women get back into the work force or get higher paying jobs. They are going to have a fund raiser end of next month and asked me if I would like to donate something for it. Of course, I said yes and now I've got my creative mind in full swing! I'm ready to sew up something that will bring in lots of money for them. In this economy, women can use all the help they can get.
Happy smocking everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling dress, so glad someone is getting some smocking done! I used to live in Washington state and our Springs were always so wet and dreary.
Wendy