Normally I'm always talking about AS&E, but this post I'm going to go with something out of Sew Beautiful magazine. This dress was super easy to smock and just as easy to sew together. Fabric is available at Hancock Fabrics.
I didn't have Michie Mooney's pattern to sew with, so I found a corresponding one from Simplicity in my stash of patterns. (And we all have tons.) I used #6261. I was going to add a border along the bottom, but after putting the fabric up to my dress; I made a quick decision not to. And you will notice I did button loops instead of button holes. The only think I'm not thrilled with is the first row of smocking. I should have just put it on the back instead. Phooey! All in all, it turned out a fun sun dress for a 3 yr. old.
And yes I've started on another smocked sundress. What I really need to purchase is the fabric for the Hoffman Challenge. I will be doing that in the next week I think. Until next time, happy smocking everyone!