Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation Time


"Princess Isabella" AS&E issue 86


Made with inexpensive batiste from Hancock Fabrics. Since I couldn't find the exact lace that it shows in the magazine, I decided to crochet on entredeaux. For the crochet I used #10 Cebelia by DMC and a #7 steel hook from Boye. I followed the same crochet instructions as I used on a previous a couple of posts ago. I'm not that crazy with how the sleeves turned out, but they are what came with the pattern. So if I make this dress again, I will use one that's a bit more puffy. But how do you know you will love/hate something til you try it out?
And yes, I am on vacation this week and one of my sewing days was wasted because I had a migraine yesterday. That makes me upset, because I wanted to get the most out of this vacation and a headache was not it. So what do you do? Sew like mad I guess.
One of the items I'm going to do is an ensemble and I going to use a pattern from Olabelhe. I think I will be using one of the hat patterns as a starter. Haven't quite decided which one exactly. But at least I have a start. I am going to finish up a smocked dress for the fair also. And of course finish up buttonholes on my chistening gown. I'll keep everyone posted on the different cute stuff I'm going this week. Until next time, happy stitching everyone. I know I'll be a stitchin' fool this week!

2 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

this is very cute! And I love the crochet trim. Enjoy your stitching.

Jan said...

Thanks, Jeannie. Your comments always mean alot to me.