Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Antique Gown


About 6 weeks ago a lady came into where I work. Her name is Sally and she brought in the most amazing christening gown. I just about kicked myself because I didn't have my camera at the time to take some pics to share with my follwers She was able to take some pics and here they are.


This gown was stitched entirely by hand which definitely impresses me. I do lots of handwork, but nothing of this magnitude.


It was made in the 1800's.


Notice the feather stitching at the top the skirt.


And all the yummy lace.


There was lots of feather stitching. Sally does loads of Victorian and Edwardian ladies wear. Here's a link to her website if you want to check out the lovely clothing she makes.

I hope you all love seeing this gown as much as I did. And no the pictures just do not do the gown justice. But I'm so happy Sally sent these to me and that I got to share with all of you. Happy smocking!

2 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

This is amazing!! I love the photo of this antique gown.

fatima santos santos said...


Muy Lindo. http://conmilamoresyseda.blogspot.com.es/