Monday, August 27, 2012

What Do I Name This Post?

Anyone else get tired of picking names for their blog posts? I know I do. I'm not a writer, I'm a smocker and a sewist. Anyway, on to smocking.
 
 
Here's some pics of one of my fair entries. I made this dress for my friend, Sivje, to give to Princess Ahnalin.
 
 
Here's a close-up of the smocking and you can see the crystals I added in. I used a smock plate from issue 26 "Titania". I had wanted there to be puffing in between the rows of smocking, but didn't add extra rows between. It still turned out beautiful.
 
 
Sorry the sash is wonky. I had just got home from collecting my items from the fair, but I wanted to post some pics for you. Fabric is from Hancocks. And I did use any AS&E pattern.

 
This is a little jacket to go with a dress. I tea-stained the white fabric using P&G Tips tea. I think I should have photographed it with a white hanger.
 
 
 I am going to brag on myself a little bit. Here's a pic with all my ribbons and plaques. This is the first year the fair has had a wooden plaque made to give to recipient. Past years it's just been a piece of printed cardstock. The plaque is the "Clothing and Textile Award". The purple ribbon goes with it.
I'm pretty happy with myself. As you can see off to the left side of this pic, I'm already to smocking another dress. I'm going to stitch the cover dress from issue 99. It's such a sweet dress!
Happy smocking!
 


2 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

You could have named it "Bragging Rights". I know, not very original, but I have the same problem. Good job on all the awards, you deserve all of them with the lovely dresses.

Goosegirl said...

You definitely have th right to brag! Your work is amazing and you earned those wonderful ribbons! I am so excited for you and excited for me!!! Thank you so much Jan!!