Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Embroidered Bonnet


Isn't this the cutest bonnet?! Well, I certainly think it is. I think a woman should toot her own horn. Anyway, I used "Christening Bonnet Collection" from Old Fashioned Baby.


The embroidery is out of Jeannie Baumeister's book "Heirloom Embroidery". Doesn't she have the best patterns?! Love everything she comes up with.
Sometimes I've made things and it didn't turn out how I envisioned it. But, I suppose that makes us more down-to-earth. One of the girls I work with said to me once: "everything you make turns out great". Well, she hasn't seen some of my distasters. I've thrown away enough projects that were just bad. And I don't mind saying so. Practice makes perfect in the long run. There are things that come easier to some and with much determination and practice to others. So here's to anyone who is struggling to learn a talent. Keep up the hard work!
Happy stitching everyone!

2 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It's too precious by far!

Jeannie B. said...

You did a wonderful job on these bonnets!