Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Friend Susan

This is not one of my creations, but would be something I would totally do. It belongs to a good friend, Susan. A few months ago she found me on Facebook and asked if I would help her with her grandbaby's blessing dress. Well, I of course, had to say yes. Through many emails, a surprise phone call and some trial and error; she finished her first smocking project. I have to say she did fantastic! She has given me permission to post photos for all to see. I'm so very proud of her and the wonderful dress she made. 
 
 
Susan used "Gloria" AS&E issue 50 
 
 
 Aren't the bullions beautiful?!
 
 
Here's the happy family with darling princess baby modeling her gown. Susan says she now hooked on smocking and is starting to work on items for future grandbabies. She has a side business on Etsy making cute clothes for American Girl dolls. She is planning on adding smocked doll dresses to her offerings to customers. Here's links to her Etsy page and her blog. I'm so happy to call her friend!
 
ETSY www.ItsSewSusan.Etsy.com
BLOG www.ItsSewSusan.Wordpress.com

Happy Smocking!

 

No comments: