Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Little Miss Cutey


Look at this little girl. Isn't she absolutely the cutest thing in my prize winning dress! My friend's granddaughter didn't quite fit into the dress (I'm now making the next size up for the granddaughter), so she decided to look around at church for someone who would fit into the dress. She made a great choice of princess.
The next item I need to get finished is my baby dress I'm making for a Facebook challenge at Adorable Heirlooms. Maybe I will win this time. Laurie does a new challenge each month. If you haven't gotten involved in one yet, I saw take the plunge. It's lots of fun and there are some great prizes. Here's a sneak peak of the smocking on the dress. I'm using an old issue of AS&E for the baby dress.


I was going to buy buttons today, but phooey I forgot. Gotta try to remember to get them tomorrow. The bodice had a "T" yoke on it and I'm not very happy with how it went together. But I know I'm my own worst critic, so I'll just have to be happy with the results, which aren't all that bad. It's just when the smocking and embroidery come together so easily for me, it's hard to not be judgemental on something else that's not going as I would wish. I'll just have to get over it and move on.

I'm feeling much better now, thank's everyone for your kind comments.
Happy smocking!

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Jan, the dress and the princess are both beautiful! I can't wait to see your new precious dress!! I have lots of smocking to finish in the next few days too. You are amazingly gifted!