Sunday, June 5, 2011

What's Up Next

Items for the Fair, of course! This is the time of the year I start into my projects for the state fair. This year they have new people in charge of the sewing category, so they've changed the category a little. They only have one thing open to smocking (boo-hiss). Well, I think I'm going to sneak some smocking into other things if it will be allowed. Like a party dress and the christening gown I'm currently working on.
A couple of mishaps on the gown. First, I stabbed my finger while stitching one of the bullions roses and got a couple drops of blood next to the back button band. That send me running to the bathroom and quickly rinsing that area under cold water. Then I grabbed Gramma's Secret Spot Remover (which I use on all stains now) and a few minutes later . . . . the blood was gone. Thank goodness, I would have cried if I couldn't get that out. Next thing to happen was a couple days ago some of the lace on the skirt tore and so I had to do a little repair work on that. I'm not sure how that will affect my chances at the fair, we'll just have to wait and find out.
Yesterday at work, one of the ladies who works in the fair office came in. We chatted for a few minutes. She asked if I had all my things finished, I said no I'm just getting started. She told me some people are not happy with the new ladies in charge and they think everything will be terrible. I said not neccessarily. I think they are just being negative. It will definitely bring a fresh perspective to the sewing category. I do have to say I think only having one smocking choice is a downer. But like I said, I'm going to try to sneak some smocking into some other things I don't submit in smocking.
Other things I'm sewn up in the past couple weeks are"
A new ironing board cover. (I'll post a pic next time, it's a pretty one)
New chair pad for the computer chair I'm sitting on right now. (It's not so pretty, just functional.)
Well, I'm off work today and tomorrow, yeah! I'm going cut out some jammies for my daughter and myself from some super soft cotton/lycra blend fabric I got from Hancock Fabrics for only $2.95. I just love the fabric and the price that I got everything left on the bolt, 5 2/3yds. Lots of pjs for Rachelle and I!
Happy sewing and smocking everyone!

No comments: