Friday, September 3, 2010

Lots to do Today

I was thinking of everything I need to do today and it's going to crowd into my sewing time. Here's my list of stuff to do today:
Grocery shopping (rather be sewing)
Take Rachelle to renew license (rather be sewing)
Go buy more bling for new dress front (ok since it has to do with sewing)
Add items to my Etsy page for sale (for my go to 2011 SAGA convention)

Maybe I can get away with minimal groceries. Hmm . . . . mabybe not. Don't think I better skip that, gotta eat sometimes.
We got the next lesson in Jeannie Baumeister's Sew-A-Long. Stitching side seams and attaching lace to entredeux. I'm going to do a crocheted trim on my daygown. I've done that once before on a dress and it turned out beautiful. Since I chose to do my gown in cotton sateen, I need a little heavier trim; so the crocheted trim should go nicely with it. As you can see from the pics I will have to rinse out the soluble pen lines. I'm been having lots of fun with the sewalong. I hope Jeannie does another one. I will definitely be part of it. I just love her stuff.
The past week I've been working on hand-basting 2 layers of tulle to a layer of dull satin for a dress for a granddaughter of a lady I work with. The dress is lavender with sparkle tulle overlays. It's the dress from the front cover of AS&E issue 90.
Don't know if I will get time to stitch together my Surf Monkey romper today. I also need to finish up a size 3 bishop with bunnies smocked into it. I always have more projects going that I know what to do with. At least I'm not board!
I ordered some patterns from Fairytale Frocks and Lollipops this morning. They are from Olabelhe and you can download them and start sewing right away. Less expensive than patterns you have to ship and I saved a copy on my computer. I only printed off the actual pattern pieces. I think look at instructions later if I have a any questions. The patterns are simple enough for beginners, though they would need to print the instructions also. I think the patterns from Olabelhe are so darling. Can't wait to make some hats. Maybe I can smock some. Hmmm . . . . have to see about that one.
Oh, anyone whose interested, on SewNSo blog, Laurie is doing lessons on a smocked bishop and I just read that Lesson 2 is up. She is doing the lessons on video. That's great for all the new smockers and she gives tips for some of us that are experienced. Well, I better get my errands done so I can have a date with my sewing machine. Happy smocking everyone!

No comments: